Saturday, October 22, 2016

Being an OFW, the feeling though!!!


After a long hiatus, the day that I'm waiting for has finally arrived. The day that give me multiple unexplained feelings at the same time. "Happiness" because I know this would be the start of my career growth or an additional professional experience as well. And at the same time "Sadness", because being away from your family is very heartbreaking especially if you are not use to it. Nevertheless I will just focus on my the goals and looked forward for a better life in the long run. 

Maybe like you, your dad, your mom or any person that is related to you will understand me. Because we are doing it not just for ourselves, but for our family also.




Enough for the drama!! ( Gusto mo yan e, haha... )

Going back, Yes I finally received SMS from my agency that I already have the visa, after a month of waiting since I applied and received a job offer from them. Actually from the company that is their client ,and the company that I will be working with. They told me that they will just contact the company to issue an airplane ticket for my departure. And they just need to wait for the company's reply and they will relay it to me as soon as possible.

To be honest, this is not my first time to go out of the country as an OFW, I worked in U.A.E, In Dubai to be specific, for quite sometime. And when I say quite sometime. It's really short, as short as your girlfriend's short ( corny ).

Kidding aside though,
I stayed in Dubai for 7 months, I worked in a Hotel there as a Housekeeping Attendant. Yes housekeeping attendant,and for the record I'm already a Registered Nurse during that time. But because I don't have any clinical experience, there's no way for me to practice my profession in U.A.E. So then, I tried an alternative plan on how I can work out of the country. 

And how I was able to applied for that position? It's a long story, but to make it short, I got a fabricated Certificate of Employment from a friend of mine. And of course,as indicated on that COE, I worked as a Housekeeping Attendant in a Five Star Hotel in Makati.

So then, I went to Dubai through an agency here in the Philippines. The processing of the agency is so fast, 2 months processing and viola fly to Dubai.

For my first month in Dubai, everything went well, the people are accommodating, especially our countrymen ( kabayans ) and even the other nations. 
But at the time goes by, the working condition is getting worse and worse. We are obliged to do a 3-hour-overtime everyday. Yes, additional compensation, but it's not worth it. 18 rooms to clean for a 12-hour-shift. And as we all know, hotel rooms are huge, but some rooms are not that dirty should I say. Days, weeks and months past, I began to feel disheartened. Began to complain to my parents, about my situation. And seek helped to them that I wanted to go back home.

At first, they are hesitant to send me back home, they told me maybe I just feel homesickness or maybe I am really lazy to do the job. I just explained my side and until finally I was able to convinced them. Like what they will always say "Walang magulang na makakatiis sa anak". In english "There are no parents that wanted to see their children suffering." Anu daw?? hahaha...

My mother send money to me to pay for the company due to breach of contract, since I will not finish the contract and not even on the half way of it. I need to pay the company for all the expenses that they had for me, and I also need to pay for my own ticket back home. 

Until finally, I got home, no work, no money, feeling depressed and all. 

I suddenly felt an urge to practice our profession, I'm about to enroll for an EMT training, however its expensive. And I look for other training program for Nurses, up until I cross with the Hemodialysis program which is way less expensive than the EMT training.

So, I enrolled for the HD training, stayed day for 3 months, and finally got a Job offer to a one of the known dialysis center in Metro Manila. And I can definitely say that my K.S.A has grown big in that institution. And a pleasure working with that company. My Manager, my co-Nurses and Doctors are knowledgeable that I learned a lot from them, professional wise and a bit fun outside our work.

After two years of gaining experience in that company. 2 years and a month to be exact, I finally felt that it's time to go out of my comfort zone again. I originally  applying and planning to go back to U.A.E, however some circumstances happened. And maybe Lord God has a different plan for me.

So now, I will just wait for my tentative date of departure. And I am really looking forward for what Saudi Arabia has store for me. And of course, I will tell you everything or anything once I arrived there. 

It's time for an adventure. And I know and anticipate that "It is not going to be easy, but I know it's going to be worth it." - anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment